Iran is the largest producer and exporter of pistachio in the world. Iranian pistachio has the best taste and quality among other pistachio producing countries such as the united states and Turkey. No other producer can compete with Iranian pistachio.

It is produced in 20 provinces of Iran, however, 70% of the production belongs to Kerman province and the remaining 30% belongs to other provinces such as Yazd, Khorasan,etc. Kerman province is known as the pistachio capital of the world. Iranian pistachios have different names according to their shapes and sizes.

Pistachio is a desert plant, and is highly tolerant of saline soil. It has been reported to grow well when it is irrigated with water having 3,000 – 4,000 ppm of soluble salt. Pistachio trees need a sunny condition and well – drained soil. They do poorly in conditions of high humidity, and are susceptible to root rot in the winter if they get too much water and if the soil is not sufficiently free-draining.

Long, hot summers are required for proper ripening of the fruit. The major varieties of Iranian pistachio are as follows.

 

 

Fandoghi pistachio (Round): round in shape, small in size

This type is the most famous kind of pistachio in the world. As it is round in shape and small in size, it is the primary product for export. The taste is unique and has lower amount of Aflatoxin. It is available in sizes:

28-30, 30-32.

 

pistachio

 

Order

Specifications: The normal sorted Fandoghi pistachio, grade 28-30 pcs/oz has Max 5% moisture, Max 3% C/M. Based on the standards of Institude of Standard and Industerial Research of Iran (ISIRI) , it is 5% closed-mouth.

Packing: the regular packing is 50 Kg or 60 Kg gunnies. The other kinds of packing is also available based on customer order.

 

 

Akbari pistachio (Long): long in shape and size

the most common character to identify this type is that the height of head and end of pistachio are near to be the same. This type is well known in East Asia, Europe specially Germany and Russia. It has very unique taste and texture. This kind is the most expensive and ceremonial. It is Available in sizes:  18-20, 20-22, 22-24.

 

pistachio

 

Order

Specifications: The normal sorted akbari pistachio, grade 28-30 pcs/oz has Max 5% moisture, Max 2.5% C/M. Based on standards of Institute of Standard and Industrial Research of Iran (ISIRI), it is 5% closed-mouth.

Packing: the regular packing is 50 Kg or 60 Kg gunnies. The other kinds of packing is also available based on customer order.

 

 

Ahmad aghaei pistachio (Long):long in shape and size

The most common character to identify this type is that the shape is long but the sizes of length are different. This kind is a favorite for Eastern Asia people. It is Available in sizes : 24-26, 26-28, 28-30.

pistachio

 

Order

 

Specifications The normal sorted Ahmad Aghaei pistachio, grade 24-26 pcs/oz has Max 5% moisture, Max 3% C/M. Based on standards of Institute of Standard and Industrial Research of Iran (ISIRI), it is 5% closed-mouth.

Packing: the regular packing is 50 Kg or 60 Kg gunnies. The other kinds of packing is also available based on customer order.

 

 

kaleghoochi pistachio (Jumbo): rather fat in shape and rather long in size

The most common character to identify this type is the shape of this pistachio which  is rather fat and rather long. This type is bigger than the others. The unique taste of this pistachio is due to its high fat volume. It is available in sizes: 18-20 , 20-22, 22-24.

pistachio

 

Order

Specifications: The normal sorted kaleghichi pistachio, grade 28-30 pcs/oz has Max 5% moisture, Max 2% C/M. Based on standards of Institute of Standard and Industrial Research of Iran (ISIRI), it is 5% closed-mouth.

Packing: the regular packing is 50 Kg or 60 Kg gunnies. The other kinds of packing is also available based on customer order.

 

 

Natural values of pistachio:

In a 100 gram serving, pistachios provide 562 calories and are a rich source of proteins, dietary fiber, sereval dietary minerals and the B vitamins, thiamin and vitamin B6. Pistachio are a good source of calcium, vitamin B5 and vitamin E.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *